Tales from the 10,000 Dawns was the first 10,000 Dawns book put into print, originally as a Wizard World Comic Con exclusive. The book was later sold at other conventions as a preview of the 10,000 Dawns Project, but was later pulled from print by project head James Wylder as he was dissatisfied with the book's quality after rushing it to print to be part of the Wizard World exclusive program.
The book's stories have been or will be all reprinted in some form in the future, most notably in Sidewinders, but also in Poor Man's Iliad and the upcoming A Red Aeneid.
it was edited by James Wylder and featured stories by Rachel Johnson, Miguel Ramirez, Josephine Smiley, Jordan Stout, Elizabeth Tock, and James Wylder. Rachel Johnson designed the cover.
Stories Marked with (S) will be reprinted in Sidewinders, stories marked with (P) were reprinted in Poor Man's Iliad, and stories marked with (R) will be reprinted in a Red Aeneid.
- A Magic Trick by James Wylder (R)
- Jan Khan Muu Ekhlel by James Wylder (P)
- Cornelia Carthage’s Good Shake by James Wylder (P)
- The Adventures of Mister Sprinkles the Cat by James Wylder (S)
- Dance Dance Revolution by Rachel Johnson (R)
- The Day the Cats Spoke by James Wylder (S)
- And a Star Spun Dark by James Wylder (S)
- Don Your Armor, Throw Down Your Sword by James Wylder (S)
- A Christmas Meh Raconteur by James Wylder (S)
- You’re Not Wrong if You’re Right By James Wylder (S)
- Knights and Dragons by James Wylder (S)
- Unwelcome in Nightmoore by James Wylder (S)
- Bad Friends, Better Weaponry by James Wylder (S)
- The Mask of Apollo by James Wylder (S)
- The Heaven of Discourse by James Wylder (R)
Notable for containing extremely early, and often poorly edited, drafts of stories that feature differences from their later reprinted versions.